Spice up summer with Prawn & Chilli Pasta!
02th June 2015
As most of you know, we don’t just provide you with great, carb-free pasta, noodle and rice replacements – we give you loads of great recipes to use with them! Konjac doesn’t have much flavour of its own, but is great at absorbing other flavours – so while you can use any Slim products in place of regular pasta, noodles and rice, our own recipes are formulated to add that extra punch and balance out flavours.
We’ve got a whole recipe section on our website, plus a great platform on the Slim Hub to share your own! But our cookbook, Cook Yourself Slim, takes things to another level, with tons more great recipes, weekly meal plans, culinary wisdom and even exercises to boost your fitness and slim journey. Of course, not all of you have Cook Yourself Slim (though you can find it on our website, and even get it free with some of our great offers) so we’re going to share a special Cook Yourself Slim recipe on here every month!
This time, we help you spice your summer up with our Prawn & Chilli Pasta.
- 1 pack (200g) Slim Pasta Spaghetti
- 250g fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp concentrated tomato puree
- 250g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 150ml dry white wine
- 1 small dried red chilli, chopped finely
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 sundried tomatoes soaked in hot water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Drop tomatoes into boiling water for one minute, then peel and chop very roughly.
- Put garlic and oil into a saucepan, heat together until sizzling and then add the tomatoes and the tomato puree. Stir together for a few minutes, then add prawns and seal for a minute, then add white wine and allow the alcohol to evaporate before lowering heat to a very low simmer.
- Add chopped chillies, cover and simmer very slowly until prawns turn pink. Add sundried tomatoes.
- Prepare the Slim Pasta Spaghetti as per package instructions (drained and rinsed).
- Add pasta to the sauce and turn using tongs until pasta is heated.
- Serve and garnish with parsley.