Shrimp and Pasta Salad
26th April 2016
Here’s a nutritious and filling salad that is also yummy. The best thing about this recipe is that it tastes great served warm or cold. And what’s more, you get the taste of regular pasta but keep the calories to a minimum by replacing it with Slim Easy.
Works very well as a snack or a meal by itself. So assemble the ingredients, put them together and tuck in!
Serves: 2 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
- Your favourite Slim Pasta – 1 pack (200g)
- Plum tomato, chopped – ½ cup
- Red bell pepper, chopped – ¼ cup
- Yellow bell pepper, chopped – ¼ cup
- Green onions, chopped – ⅓ cup
- Fresh lemon juice – 2 tablespoon
- Pitted olives, chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh thyme – 1 teaspoon (or ¼ teaspoon dried thyme)
- White pepper – ¼ teaspoon
- Dried oregano – ¼ teaspoon
- Medium shrimp, peeled and deveined – 200g
- Garlic clove – 1, minced
- Feta cheese, crumbled – ¼ cup
- Fresh parsley, chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Drain and rice the Slim pasta very well. Cook according to instructions on the pack.
- Cook the shrimp and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and put in the white pepper, garlic and oregano to release the flavours and aroma.
- Combine the cooked shrimp with the chopped plum tomato, peppers, green onions, and olives in a bowl.
- Mix in the thyme and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Serve cold or warm.